Christopher participates in many types of physical activities in a variety of settings.
He plays soccer and does sit-ups and push-ups during PDHPE practical classes at school. He also goes to the gym and does weights with his friends once a week.
On weekends, Christopher will go to the local skate park, ride his bike and play basketball with his friends.
He has a swimming pool in his backyard which he uses during the summer months.
Christopher likes to walk his dog every evening.
When Christopher was a pre-teen, his parents were very strict with his use of technology and he was permitted access to social media under supervision for a maximum of 30 minutes per day; this is a habit Christopher has maintained into his teenage years.
Christopher's parents also maintain healthy eating and sleeping habits, and Christopher continues to include these lifestyle measures in his personal daily ritual.
A Day in the Life of Christopher...
- Walks to train station and walks to school from the train station (10 minutes)
- Soccer training (90 minutes)
- Does sit-ups and push-ups (5 minutes)
- Walks the dog (20 minutes)
- Total physical activity time = 125 minutes
- Moderate-vigorous intensity aerobic activity: Soccer training
- Bone-strengthening activity: Soccer
- Muscle-strengthening activity: Sit-ups and push-ups
- Limits sedentary behaviours including using his laptop only for school purposes, accessing social media for a maximum of 45 minutes a day and handing in technological devices to parents at 8pm in order to minimise interference with sleep.